"You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good at." -The Sundance Kid
- Unaccompanied // Death is difficult, but death is the price of the wildness that makes life worth living at all: on the death of my father.
- Water's Edge // In the woods along the Mississippi River, the risks and rewards of "camp life"
- The Many Creations of a River Valley // Our few decades are a imperceptible blip next to the life of a river.
- To Boldly Go // Star Trek, technology, and our moral sense.
- Country Shit // The trouble with country music.
- You Can Go Home Again // Revisiting suburbia.
- Ghost Webs // Unhooking from the web.
- Seven Ways of Looking at a Motel Room // A road trip search for meaning.
- A Password to Indianola’s Cotton Fields // Am I a boomer, or a sticker?